Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lauren's butterfly




This is my 1st card with Lauren's new set "Flutter-by". If you read my blog you are familiar with Lauren's templates... what you might not know is that she's now flying solo and just opened her own business called My Time Made Easy (www.mytimemadeeasy.com). She sells templates, photopolymer stamps, and digital paper. This butterfly and sentiment are from her 1st stamp set, so I had to use them with purple, which is her favorite color, even though the card isn't actually for her, (it's for "my soldier" ;-))!
So for the details, easy background with Cuttlebug and DP, then a little flourish made with the Cricut Expression and a double butterfly. Stamped once on the same DP, added little rhinestones and some Stickles, then stamped on a piece of light blue vellum then cuttlebugged and glued over the 1st one that was raised with foam tape.
Now I am aware that butterflies look nothing like that in real life, with 2 sets of wings, but that's called creative freedom right?... ;-D

3 comments:

Monique said...

Your butterfly looks real :)..looks like it is flying!! I love the velum idea..Good job.TFS!!:)

Myrna said...

Benedicte,
Your card is stunning. Thank you for the note re Lydia. I did enjoy her site.
Myrna

Lauren (mytime) said...

Bee seeing this just made my day! I love it. My fave colors too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails