Friday, April 25, 2008

Baby& Mom giraffe


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you might remember my giraffe card and the matching memory box that I made for my sister-in-law who was expecting: http://dare2beecreative.blogspot.com/2008/02/melanie-has-contest-going-on-on-her.html

Well I now have a new niece! :-)
I was waiting for my "hip-hop babies" to arrive so that I could make a baby card that would sort of match the previous one since I had a little bit of paper left over! :-)
So here it is! Everything is on dimensionals, and there was quite some cutting, which was a little bit time consuming (one of the reasons why there is only one parent, LOL). The baby carriage I cut out of pattern paper I found at Target, I just added little buttons brads on the wheels. I tried to paper piece the carriage using the same striped paper that is at the bottom of the card but it was "too much" of the same pattern and colors for me. The balloon tie is made with a piece of hemp twine. The bottom lace pattern is made with a Martha Stewart punch.
(As always, click on the pic for the giant version ;-))

10 comments:

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Your talent just keeps growing and growing, Bee. It's been amazing to watch you grow! This card is fantastic!

Ashley said...

OMG! That is ADORABLE! I love it! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Lee said...

OH how stinkin' A-dorable!!!! Cuteness with that little 'raffie in the carriage!!! And I love their multi colored "spots"!!! Don'tcha just LOOOOOOOVE these babies!!! Fantastic baby card!!

CraftyC said...

Hello Bee, THis card is absolutely stunning, I love it!!
Clairexx

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a perfect little girl card...and I clicked on the boy card...Amazing what you can do with giraffes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a perfect little girl card...and I clicked on the boy card...Amazing what you can do with giraffes!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is so adorable! Congrats about your new neice....I so love little ones!

Elizebeth said...

Oh my gosh this is soooooooooo cute! I LOVE it!

Carrie said...

I stumbled onto your blog and fell in love with you work...amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing:)

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! This is just darling--such great details! Congratulations on your new niece as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails