Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blue giraffe Thank-You

Unless she is playing the prolongations, today is the last day of Melanie's 1 week blogaversary celebration... So I made a last little card using her sets "So hippy" "So hoppy" and "Hip-hop accessories".
I am really bad at preparing things in advance, I tend to do everything last minute. Believe me, I have tried and am still trying to improve on that point!! My bag for the maternity isn't even ready yet... But I thought I would make the thank-you card for the hospital staff now! My husband can always come back home afterwards to grab my toothbrush if I deliver in an emergency but I doubt he will sit at my desk and make a card for the staff... ;-) ...
For this card I decided to go a little bit out of my comfort zone, by making a somewhat monochromatic card which is something I very rarely do. Since we're having a boy I decided to go all blue, I hope they won't be put off by a white and blue giraffe... ;-) Cutting the hair on the neck of the giraffe image was too time consuming so I made him a little "custom fringe" of my own instead with blue cardstock...

3 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

These cards are GREAT!!

OMG you haven't packed your bag?? Do you know what time it is??

Lee said...

Ohhhh he's soooo precious!! I LOVE his blue fringe!! Now you get your bag packed missy!!!! LOL

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh, the fringe is even BETTER than cutting it out by hand. I just LOVE cards you wanna touch. What a great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails