Sunday, November 18, 2012

Live the life you've imagined...



I was talking with an old friend of mine (whose birthday was coming up) about the fact that Life is all about going after your dreams... and I immediately thought about this sentiment (stamp by Tim Holtz) for the birthday card... ;-) (sorry about the crappy pic, I can't get the lighting right on that one...)
The papers are from DCWV, the "Tradewinds" stack which has quite a few gorgeous papers with old world charm. A few of those papers look like fabric patterns, like the one I used for the tag, or the one used for the card base which reminds me of a chevron man shirt. There's also a pale and a dark woodgrain pattern in the stack.



I kept everything simple because this card is really about the sentiment, and I heat embossed it with gold powder for more pop. I stamped a clock at the bottom right, because life doesn't wait for you... and there's a barely visible "may your dreams take flight" (PTI) under it. The twine is from The Twinery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card...love that sentiment, too!! I try to do that, but some days are harder than others... Glad I saw this today! xo Evie

Hannah said...

That card looks fantastic!

I love your creativity and your blog, so I nominated you for the Super Sweet blogging award! :D I know some people don't like these awards so you don't have to participate if you don't want to. I really thought you deserved the award cause your blog is great and the cards you make are truly amazing!

Award post: http://hannah-animal-tales.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/super-sweet-blogging-award.html

Hannah (Animal Tails blog)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails