Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy 2nd birthday


This is the card I made for Janessa, the little girl with down syndrome and fighting leukemia, who is about to turn 2.
If you'd like to send her a card there is still a little time, check my previous post for info.
I have to confess that making cards for young children makes me as uncomfortable as making cards for guys! I never know what direction to take, I don't quite know how to make goofy or funny cards and don't have a clue what kids want to see on their cards (beside my daughter, but she is 7 1/2 already and easy to please since she's happy as long as I made the effort to make a card myself! ;-)).

So anyway, here I just used my dear Fluffles, colored with Prismacolor markers.
About 2 months ago a new Michaels store opened like 15 mn from my house! :-) I used one of their grand opening 50% off coupon to treat myself to some Prismacolors markers. I have been coveting Copics markers for a while now but I just can't swallow the $150 price tag! :-S Prismacolors markers are a cheaper version (of alcohol based markers) and for a beginner like me it is definitely enough! ;-)
This coloring was my 1st attempt at using them, and I can already see that it takes some practice to get the hang of it and get the shading right, but I'm looking forward to experiment more with them! I think this image is a little bright but for this card it works well since I wanted something cheerful. I added some stickles on some of the petals and the bee's wings and a few colored rhinestones at the bottom to make a little rainbow.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Your coloring is wonderful!! It sure does get addictive!! LOL A very sweet card! I hear ya......I have yet to make one for this little girl...it's so hard thinking of what they're going thru!! Hugs!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails