Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cute as a button



It's Thursday, so I am sharing with you a card made with My Thoughts Exactly stamps... :-)
I used the new set Sweet Thoughts again. When I saw the saying "cute as a", I knew I had to use it with that stamp set from Gel-a-tin. I have had it for years, and the concept of that card has been in my little "Ideas booklet" forever, so it was time to execute! ;-)


To create a frame for my buttons I used a rectangle Nestabilities with the rubber mat (for embossing) on the other side to prevent it from actually cutting through... The key here obviously is to use a thick cardstock... :-)
For my buttons background (and to have my buttons stay in their frames) I did some masking with Post-Its.




To finish it up, I found this cute little button that fit right onto my paper banner! :-) I refrained from putting twine through it because I thought it was too predictable and decided instead to use the twine on a random button on the card for something a little different... ;-)

Don't forget to visit Alyssa's blog for more projects today, and next Thursday is my turn (and the other Bee's... ;-)) to show you another project... :-p

5 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the way you used the "cute as a" phrase- and your card is definitely cute as a button too!

CityGirl Planners said...

So cute Bee!! I have been wanting to do a "cute as a button" for a long time now. Just don't know anyone that "cute" hehehehe

Thienly Azim said...

I love LOVE LOOOVe this card! So simple and cute! and love how you added a twine on a random background button rather than on a real button. Missed you!

stampgram said...

What a sweet card. Love it!

Kimberly J. said...

This card is adorable!I love how you showcased the phrase :) How fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails