Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Thoughts Exactly Thursday: Project Life here I come, and an announcement....




(This is a long-winded post so settle down comfortably... ;-))

Today is my "My Thoughts Exactly Thursday", but it also is my last official post as one of their Design Team members. The key word here is "official", not "last", as I am sure you will still see plenty of MTE projects from me, just not DT projects. ;-)
My term comes to an end at the end of this month and I have decided not to renew it. I have really enjoyed my time with this wonderful cast of ladies (best DT ever!!... <3), and a part of me cannot believe this is coming to an end, especially since I have been with MTE from day 1. It's been fun to watch Alyssa and Brian shape this company up, and I know they are headed for success and I wish them the very best! :-D <3

But there are only so many hours in a day and I need more time... :-( This past year has been difficult and I have struggled to get some things done. My "crafting" goals this year are to scrapbook more (especially learn to digi-scrap), and to work on my photography skills (or lack thereof! ;-)) so, as the saying goes, something's gotta give... ;-)

Which brings me to today's project. You might be familiar with Project Life, a concept developed and sold by Becky Higgins. Basically you get a 12X12 binder and fill it with page protectors that contain different sizes compartments. Add pictures and journaling cards and you're all set. This saves you lots of time compared to "classical" scrapbooking. I have decided to hop on the Project Life bandwagon (as I am YEARS behind in my scrapbooking in general (by years I mean like 10 years or so?... *shame*))  and I think this will enable me to work on present pics while trying to catch up with the old ones in a more conventional way. So I have ordered a binder and pack of page protectors, and all I need now are pics and journaling cards...

So for today's project I made some using a variety of MTE sets! :-)  I used cardstocks and flashcards and made sure each had a little spot to jot down the date or a few words. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had making those! :-)



For this one I used the More Mini Thoughts set.



This one uses the very 1st set released by MTE, the Birds & Bees set.



This one also uses the More Mini Thoughts set.



That one uses the Big Thoughts set.



This one uses the Sweet Thoughts set.



That one uses 2 sets,  More Mini Thoughts and Under The Sea. I think it will go great with pics of my kiddos in the pool...  :-)



That one uses Many Thanks. I love that Polka dot Smash tape, and the pop of red. :-)



This one uses Big Thoughts,.



And lastly, this one also uses 2 sets: Big Thoughts and  Sweet Thoughts.



To hold my little cards I made a little pocket book using a manilla file folder. The sentiment is from the More Mini Thoughts set and the frame is from Holly Jolly Tags.



And that's it for this looooong post!!... Thanks for bearing with me!... ;-)

Don't forget to visit my fellow DT members today: Belinda and Tracy.

8 comments:

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

Bee, these are adorable! Very cute.

SugarGem said...

Oh my gah I absolutely adore these Bee! So freaking cute and cheery.

Bee's hive said...

I love the entire idea of the binder...now to do it is the real challenge.
I understand about the hours in the day but it still makes me sad! We will miss you! But really you haven't gotten rid of us truly :P

Unknown said...

Wow these are so stinkin' cute! A wonderful project to end your 'official' posts with :) We will for sure miss you, but you won't be rid of us that easy, we do know where you reside in blogland afterall :P

Tracy said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i looove them!
Each one is so individual and gorrrgeous!!
I am so looking forward to seeing your project life in progress...see your not getting rid of me either,lol!!
I will be your stalker hahaaha.
xoxoxox

Smitha Katti said...

Good luck with your Project life! I am sure you will be amazing :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today !

CityGirl Planners said...

No, no, no, not something else I need to get into to. I did not see all the pretty little cards. Nope, I did not.

Ashley Newell said...

I'm so sad that we're not gonna be on a team together anymore! Don't be a stranger, ok?

I love these cards! I would actually buy a set and that's saying A LOT.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails