Saturday, December 15, 2007

First stationery


I made this set for Naomi's teacher to accompany some Lindt Truffles.
I don't have a clue what colors she likes but since she wears a lot of black (has black hair and black eyes) I went with that and added red just to make it more cheery. I really like my flower center (flower by MFT and monogram by PTI) but am not quite happy with my border. I find it a little too empowering and think I should just have left it bare, but it's done, I made 10 of those (and had to redo one or two because of smeared ink...) and can't stomach starting all over again!.... I also worry it does look a little too handmade and imperfect for a gift... :-S ?
Since I only have 2 circle punches and needed a rather small center to not hide the flower too much I couldn't use the beautiful borders from PTI (that you can see on the enveloppe flap), so I used the "sewing kit" from Gel-à-Tin and used a button stamp just wiping clean the middle before stamping. The border is made with the sewing line in that set. And of course the monogram on the flower is on pop-dots ;-)
It is such a simple project in itself but the different steps took me forever! At the end my eyes and my wrist were killing me! Maybe I should start wearing my glasses for that type of work!
For the box, I reused a box my PaperTrey Ink stamps came in, and trimmed it to the right size and decorated it to match my stamping.

Stamps: "Boho Blossom" by My favorite Thing, "Ambassador Monogram" by PaperTrey Ink, "Sewing Kit" by Gel-à-Tins.
Inks: Brilliance Graphite Black and Pearlescent Poppy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails