Friday, April 15, 2011

Birthday cupcake


Another birthday card for a niece... No, I'm not losing it, I just have 2 nieces and 1 nephew who have their birthdays 3 days apart... ;-)For this one I used Lettering Delights files (Sweet Nothings SVG collection). The card folds up in a sort of frame. I held it closed with a ribbon and little medallion.





When you slide the ribbon that's the 1st layer. For the following layers I added little tags to write my sentiments and make it a little more fun...





The last layer is a little cupcake...


...complete with cherry button, felt mint leaf, and swirly Stickles frosting... Yum! :-)

My hubby thinks it's not very child friendly... I admit I have troubles with children cards, I often make them too "babyish" or too grown-up, but I think this one is fun enough for a child because of all the layers to open... ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card....sooooo pretty... Love the design.

Bee's hive said...

I can't believe I didn't see this one Toots! It's very sweet, and it should've gone to your SWEET twin. xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails