Saturday, May 17, 2008

No stamping baby card


I have been MIA lately, my little crafty time was used to make a mini scrapbook for my hubby... and my energy level and ability to focus are so down lately that I feel too tired to make cards! Which is a shame because a little stamping therapy sure would lift my spirits!

Since I needed a baby card I got "back to it" today... I didn't really feel like coloring so I went with a no stamping card instead. It still took me forever, especially having to cut little details and then cut tiny pieces of foam tape to pop those up. The little carriage and birds are from a pack of baby boy paper from the Target dollar spot, I just glued them on cardstock for a little rigidity and cut them out, I added little brads on the wheels and that was it! The background is embossed with Cuttlebug's swiss dots folder (one of my favorites!) and I ran some white ink over the spots. The frame is made with Nestabilities and popped up, as well as the carriage and birds. I tried stamping a sentiment on a ribbon with my Palette ink but the ink bled in the ribbon so I just gave up and settled for a tiny ribbon accent instead.

I realized that when I look at cards in a store I am always drawn to the simplest designs, and/or the ones with dimension, so that's what I went for... and sure enough I love it! Now I should make another one just like that and the same one in pink (I also have the baby girl paper... with the green and pink carriage) so I have some cards at the ready for all those babies popping everywhere... :-)

3 comments:

Crissy said...

Wow! I can't believe you cut out those birds and that carriage! Awesome job. I though for sure you were going to say you used a Cricut or something.

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh! I haven't seen this dot background yet. I just have to have it!

Allison said...

That is a beautiful card. I love the simple look of it - totally my style.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails