Wednesday, March 31, 2010

School projects with the Cricut


These are some projects I made for Noah's school using my Cricut "Everyday Paper Dolls" cartridge. As you can see (or can't, unless you enlarge the pic... ;-)), I had fun with details. It was very time consuming because of all the different colors and the fact that everything is laminated, then cut again by hand. I didn't take pics of the "striped characters" but the clothes come off (there's velcro between all the layers) so that the kids have to dress the character appropriately for the weather. I love it, my only concern is that even with the laminating it might not be very sturdy over time...

This one was done using the same cartridge (and I think also the "Paperdoll Dress Up"). (Again it is hard to see, but clicking on the pic will give you the giant version.) This time it is sorting worksheets. ( in the kitchen/in the bathroom, animals in my house/animals in the jungle, toys/food, in the garden/in the sea). Same problem as above, besides the time consuming aspect to choose and cut all those little pieces, even laminated I'm wondering if they will withstand being handled by kids repeatedly. A larger version would have been better but then you don't have 2 different groups on the same page...
Anyway, I got those cartridges thinking my daughter would have a blast with them, but I have to admit I love them just as much... now if I only had the time to use them! ;-)

2 comments:

Bee's hive said...

Wow you have been one busy little BEE! But your kids will appreciate your effort one day...those are darling!

Lee said...

What a cute idea!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails