Friday, June 3, 2011

Purple Birthday...


No you are not dreaming, finally a card on my blog!! LOL Well, what can I say, life is crazy! I'm sure most of you can relate... ;-)
This card I made for my friend Bee's birthday is a huge card actually, since it's made of a whole 8.5X11 sheet of ivory cardstock as the base. I really like the DP I used and wanted a big background to really showcase it!  (If you want it big too, just click on the pic... ;-))
I cut-out the wings of some of the butterflies right from the paper to give them a little lift... and added one made with a die cut. I played around with transfer paper a little bit to see if it could stand up for vellum at a fraction of the cost and I have to say, it's not bad! :-)
I used a mail themed stamps set from PTI to decorate my paper further and make a mini stamp for the corner. I used as much purple as possible since it's her favorite color... ;-)


For a little bit of a surprise inside I made those buttons with a die, using one layer of DP and one layer of cardstock (cereal box! ;-)). I glued them together with my mini Xyron, perfect for that kind of project when you want glue on all the surface but don't want to use liquid glue which will make the paper warp... The colors of my pic are horrendous, I swear they're not as ugly in real life (but I cannot take another pic since I mailed them today, LOL)!.. ;-)

5 comments:

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

What a wonderful gift! The 3D effect you created through different techniques is so clever. And the layering of images and colors...lovely. Can just see this as a wedding welcome sign idea, too!

Myrna said...

Beautiful card. Love what you have done with the 3D effect.
Myrna

Alyssa Leanne said...

Bee this card is GORGEOUS! I am very happy to see a card on your blog because it is amazing! Make me one? Lol!

Alyssa
www.mythoughtsexactly.co

Thienly Azim said...

Wow - what a lucky Bee! I LOVE this card and how you lifted the butterfly out from the paper and mixed in cut elements and stamps. Beautiful! and LOVE the buttons. Those were from the dies that you told me about a while ago, right??? Fabulous fabulous gift - she's gonna love it.. and I still haven't made a card. Shame on me!

Bee's hive said...

It's SO pretty! AND BIG! It is a lovely color and the buttons are already being schemed on how best to use them...
Thanks BEE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails