Thursday, November 1, 2007

Congrats pregnancy

Babies, babies everywhere!...
I made this card for a relative who's pregnant and I don't know the sex of the baby, so I got this idea of playing with both genders' colors and the sliders popped right into my mind with those cool ribbons... I hope she won't think I misunderstood that she was expecting twins! :-)
I am in a brown period lately... I find it very soothing. :-)
I initially wanted to use blue & pink papers instead of the buttercream in the background but I thought it was maybe too much and it is softer that way...
For the sentiment I heat embossed with white and blue powder, hoping maybe they would melt together but they didn't and the blue staid as sprinkles in the white which is a cool effect anyway! ;-) I only have one "congratulations" stamp so I used what I have, but it would have been so much better with a smaller sentiment to balance the card out... :-(
The babies are on dimensionals, so is the sentiment.
After I was done I thought something was still missing so I added a little flower (everybody loves flowers right?). Then later on, I looked at it again and thought there was still something missing so I added a second half flower and a little leaf... and I was finally happy with myself. :-)It's funny how such a little difference can "do it" for me!...

3 comments:

Ana Baird said...

really cute and lovely!

Lauren (mytime) said...

THis would be a super sweet twin card too!!!
Nicely done.

Fe-Fe said...

This is really sweet. I think it looks great and I'm sure your friend will love it too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails