Thursday, September 6, 2007

1st attempt at tag holder....





Yesterday I had fun trying to make a pocket for a bookmark...
I had the concept in my mind and I just went with it, it evolved as I was working on it...
The pics are of the finished card, the front of the tag and the back of the tag, the little piece of blue paper is just what I used to write a little note to my friend and slided into the pocket as well.

Of course as it was going I realized I should have done some things differently. Like for example I wanted to add some brads (on the dots of the paper) but should have done that before gluing my layers on top of each other! (duh!), or I would ideally have liked the ribbon to go under the polka dot border, and the "thinking of you" medallion should have been mounted on cardstock and then propped on pop-a-dots, it would have looked much nicer and then the ribbon wouldn't have shown through..... (but when I was at that point I was starting to be tired and my eyes were burning and I just wanted to finish !! )

This is the nice thing with experimenting though, I learn from my mistakes and it's actually interesting and I might even remember it for next time!! ;-)
And I think my friend (the recipient of the card!) won't mind too much that she is my guinea pig and that the projects aren't perfect!... :-)
Still having a lot of trouble taking the pics, I move like I have Parkinsons, it's awful and it gets all blurry. I think it is really time for me to read the booklet that came with the camera and try and figure out what the buttons are for....
Also the colors are a little off!! :-(

But I'm having a lot of fun and you have to start somewhere, right!?...
Note to self : Try to keep scrapbooking for when the kids are asleep or at school and the cat is outside....

7 comments:

Alex said...

I think this is really really cute - we all learn as we go along! You can add all that the next time - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Fe-Fe said...

That's beautiful. I think it's great.

Deborah said...

Great pocket tag card! Yippieee! Wel done! TFS- Deb

Dawn Wheeler said...

Great cards lovely papers ,Dawnx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Diecutting machines!!(big shot)
Hi ,it took me a long time to decide which one to get ,i got the big shot because the die cutting area is bigger than the cuttlebug one ,you can use the cuttle bug dies on the big shot ,the cards i have done with the swirly background on are done with the cuttlebug embossing folders ,they are good its just like your other craft stuff you just have to use it LOL, hope this helps Dawnxx

Crissy said...

Such a pretty card, Bee! I really like the colors. I know it is so easy to be critical of your own work, but, as I am often told, if you don't point out the inperfections, no one would know!! Most of the time that is so true! I think your friend will love the card, guinea pig or not!

Ana Baird said...

Lovely cards

Ana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails